Drawing upon five years of research on Experience Design, and receiving a PhD in tourism services marketing on the cutting-edge topic ‘Technology Enhanced Tourist Experiences’, I am very pleased to transfer my expertise and knowledge to help tourism, hospitality and service organisations.
My areas of expertise are service and experience design; customer experience and value co-creation; customer experience journey mapping; experience touchpoints; customer experience enhancement through social and mobile technologies; tourism experiences;
I offer a combination of:
- keynotes, practice talks for companies;
- problem-solving, analysing and enhancing customer experience offers;
- interactive workshops for businesses to help companies develop experience offers;
- interactive workshops for groups to learn how to apply methods of experience design and co-creation in your own business;
1) Experience Design – Keynotes and Practice Talks
- Keynotes at conferences, industry events and company-internal meetings
- Tailored practice-focused talks for businesses in the service industry
- Insights into cutting-edge research findings and best-practice case studies.
In my keynotes and practice talks, I will introduce the core principles of Experience Design and Co-Creation and relate it to your business. By drawing years of research and best-practice case studies from multiple service industries, new insights can be learned that shall help your business apply the principles of experience design and put concrete measures into practice.
- The Experience Economy of the 21st Century: From Services to Experiences
- Consumer-driven Experiences: How to create experiences and value in all service touchpoints and the customer journey (before, during and after consumption)
- From Experience Design to Experience Co-creation: How to engage and co-create added value with your customers
- Customer Experiences and Digital Technology: How to implement social and mobile technologies to enhance your customer experience
2) Strategy & Consulting
As strategy and consulting service I offer one-to-one tailored consulting meetings that focus on solving of specific business problems, help evaluate the existing service offer, fix service issues and together define ways to turn existing services into unique experience and value propositions.
Examples include how to create and enhance experience touchpoints, enhance the customer journey (before, during and after consumption), how to stage experiences and how to co-create experiences with your customers through open innovation, crowdsourcing or co-creation campaigns. Theory-based knowledge and models are offered as the basis for problem-solving and developing an experience design strategy through process-led steps for your business of how to put experiences into practice.
3) Experience Design & Co-Creation Workshops
Having taught experience design and co-creation for more than five years at British and Austrian university, at postgraduate masters level exclusively, I facilitate Experience Design & Co-creation Workshops that help businesses develop their own experience offers. The interactive seminars are run for small groups (management, department heads, employees) based on the principles of co-creation through which the group will analyse the customer experience journey and design a holistic experience for your business offer. By drawing upon a combination of methods, including the power of collective thinking, creativity methods, systems thinking and co-creation, a concrete ‘experience design plan’ will emerge at the end, co-created by your employees, tailored to your business. This format best fits small groups, 5-25 people (split in smaller sub-groups).
4) Experience Co-Creation Method Training by Barbara Neuhofer
In addition to business-tailored problem solving and consulting, I offer training courses on how to apply experience co-creation methods to businesses, universities and schools. This training workshop aims to empower interested individuals to learn about the mindset, principles and various methods of experience design and co-creation, and implement these individually in practice. This training course will equip managers, teachers, and students with a ‘toolkit’ of experience co-creation methods, which can be applied in a variety of settings, e.g. businesses and customer services, education settings and internally within organisations. The training course is interactive and this format best fits small groups, 5-10 people.